Laurence, member of SHe Travel Club.
Art and Expert Advisor for more than 20 years, based between Paris and Geneva, shares with us her favorite addresses in St Barth, as well as top exhibitions and museums to visit this summer.
Interview | Laurence, Art and Expert Advisor | June 2022
I’m an art advisor for more 20 years and art curator based in Paris and Geneva. Curator of an annual exhibition in Paris “Chambres à Part”, a dialog between modern art and contemporary art in exceptional locations in Paris.
As an international art expert, based in Paris and Geneva, I’m a citizen of the world.
I travel around 50/60 per year. This is why i am a big fan of SHe Travel Club
What is the first thing you look at when you arrive at the hotel?
When I arrive in a hotel, first of all, I’m sensitive to the atmosphere of the place, the smell, the color and the matter.
What is your favorite destination to combine leisure and culture?
My favorite destination is St Barth, my natural medication. I try to go there every 2 months.
What are your favorite addresses in St Barth?
My favorite addresses in St Barth are:
▪ Hotel Baie des Anges, on Flamands beach
▪ Lunch at the very new restaurant “Rivage”, at Grand Cul de Sac, designed by my faithful friend Olivier Lempereur.
▪ Play backgammon on the Gipsy beach, St Jean
▪ One of the best Italian restaurants, L’Isola, in Gustavia
▪ Grain de sel, typical local and honest restaurant
▪ For culture the great international gallery: Fergus McCaffrey, a pocket gallery on Salines road.
What are your best shopping spots?
My favourite places to find original pieces are the following:
▪ Montaigne Market at Gustavia
▪ Rock Mama, St Jean
▪ Gyp Sea shop, St Jean
▪ Natural beauty product: Ligne Saint Barth, that I buy directly on the factory